How schools can help


One of the best ways you can help is through fundraising. We receive almost 80% of funding from the Government. We work hard to raise the remaining 20% by applying for grants, asking corporate companies for support and by fundraising with schools and community groups. 

Any donation you make, large or small, will help us change lives. Here are some examples of what your money can do. 

  • $20 provides a food voucher for a young person who can’t afford their next meal.
  • $50 provides essential items such as underwear, toiletries, and bedding.
  • $100 pays for four nights in a rooming house for a young person in crisis, whilst more sustainable options are secured.
  • $500 provides the first month’s rent for a young person to move into private rental accommodation, breaking the cycle of homelessness.

There are lots of ways that you and your school can help Melbourne City Mission stop homelessness in Australia.

Why not organise:

  • a ‘Sleep-over’ or where you give up your bed for a night (visit www.MySchoolSleepover.org.au for more information)
  • a PJ day 
  • an ‘out of uniform’ day 
  • a ‘dress up as a super hero day’
  • a talent show where you donate the admission fee to Melbourne City Mission