Melbourne City Mission offers education to a wide range of youth that may not have had the opportunity to gain qualifications through main stream education.
All courses offered by Melbourne City Mission incur fees that it is obligated to advertise and in some part, to pass on to clients.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), Melbourne City Mission offers Accredited, Pre-Accredited and VCAL courses. Enrolments are accepted throughout the year (there is not a set enrolment date) and therefore course costs are charged on a per course basis not on a yearly or time basis.
Students will not be denied an education with Melbourne City Mission due to their inability to pay.
Concessions, fee waivers and exemptions will be considered on a case by case basis.
Clients that are eligible for concession fees will pay 20% of the above fees. Concessions are available to individuals that:
- hold a Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth (a copy of which must be held by the Melbourne City Mission)
- are a dependant spouse or dependant child of a Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth
- hold a Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth and are also referred Job Seekers with a standard Job Seeker Referral Form (the RTO must retain a copy of the referral form)
- self-identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (evidence must be supported on the client enrolment form)
Clients that are eligible for fee waivers/exemptions will not be charged a tuition fee for the course they have chosen to enrol in. Fees waivers/exemptions are available to individuals:
- who are from the Judy Lazarus Transition Centre (written confirmation from the management of the Judy Lazarus Transition Centre must be provided to Melbourne City Mission)
- who is required to undertake the course pursuant to a community based order made under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (written confirmation from the relevant Youth Justice Unit of the Victorian Department of Human Services must be provided to Melbourne City Mission)
- if they are referred to the RTO as a Young People Transitioning From Care (a copy of the relevant Referral Form must be provided to Melbourne City Mission).
For those clients ineligible for fee waivers, Melbourne City Mission will make every effort to access brokerage and/or sponsorships towards covering these fees in particular circumstances.
The below fee structure sets out tuition and materials fees together with the allocated hours of each course.
Melbourne City Mission Education Statement of Fees