At Melbourne City Mission we support families of all abilities throughout Melbourne and Victoria via a range of different services. We believe that a good support network and stable environment reduces risk behaviours and helps create positive health and wellbeing outcomes for children and young people. We work hard to try to get to the root cause of the problem early, before it’s too late.
We not only work directly with families and provide them with essential services but we work in under resourced or disadvantaged areas to provide the necessarily services that can enhance the life of families living there. A hand up, not a hand out, is our motto.
Families are supported by Melbourne City Mission in a range of ways. Some examples include:
- women in prison to help them maintain relationships with their children and family
- family members who have a child, sibling or parent with a disability
- families who are in need of housing and support
- families who are living with a loved one with a terminal illness
- families whose elderly parents need care
- young people who need help to improve their relationship with their family
- young parents to provide for their children so they are kept away from the out of home care system.
Please see below some of the programs and services we provide for families.