About our service
Since its founding in 1978, Iramoo has supported disadvantaged young people at risk of or experiencing homelessness. Iramoo is a youth refuge that provides supported crisis accommodation for young people aged 16 to 24, and their children, who are homeless. Our refuge provides 8 beds. Young people can stay at Iramoo for up to six weeks, in which time they are supported to find more suitable, stable long-term accommodation.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can support you if:
- you’re a young person aged between 16–24, without children
- you are experiencing a housing crisis
- you currently live in North/West Metropolitan Melbourne
How can this support assist me or my client?
At Iramoo we can:
- provide you with a safe place to stay for up to six weeks
- support you to find stable, long-term accommodation
- welcome you and your children, if you have them
- provide you with a range of supports, typically focusing on your future housing needs, family mediation/reconciliation; employment, education, training and legal; mental health and general health issues.
How can I or my client access this support?
In order to access this service, you must be referred to us by an access point. The following access points should be contacted if you or your client is in need of our service.
- Melbourne Youth Support Service – City
- Yarra Community Housing – Footscray
- Homeground Services – Collingwood
- North East Housing – Preston
- St Vincent de Paul: Vincent Care – Glenroy
- Salvation Army Social Housing Service – Sunshine
Phone: 03 9687 0733
Postal address: PO Box 21, Footscray VIC 3011
Email: click here
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or DHHS on 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.