Our supports available under NDIS
Melbourne City Mission provides a range of disability supports to individuals and their families within the Barwon region of Victoria as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) trials. Our office is based in Geelong where our dedicated disability team are available to meet with you to discuss your needs and assess what the right support is for you and your family. Alternatively you can call us on 1800 343 287 to speak to a member of our Disability Intake Team.
Download the Barwon Information Booklet here.
We can support you if:
You reside in the Barwon region and you have an NDIS funding package and are participating in the NDIS trial.
Our supports currently available in the Barwon region include:
1) Support Coordination
We provide specialised case management services to people with an acquired brain injury and intellectual disability between the ages of 0–65 and children with autism who are pre-school or school age. Our support coordinators work with you and those who are important in your life to strengthen your ability to coordinate and implement supports, and participate fully in the community. Our support coordination services can include the below examples, however please talk to our Intake Team to discuss your needs in person:
Call us today on 1800 343 287 to discuss our Support Coordination services available to you under your NDIS funding package.
- Assisting you to access the right supports from the right providers to meet your needs
- Working with you and your child’s kinder/school or childcare provider to make sure everyone knows how best to support your child
- Providing support to resolve points of crisis, navigate new services and make sure your supports are all working together to achieve your goals
- Working with you and your family during initial diagnosis and supporting you as a parent to understand the changing needs of your child/ren as they go through different developmental stages.
2) Early Childhood Intervention Services
We work with families of children with a developmental delay / disability to promote and develop skills, well-being and community participation. Our key workers are made up of a team of speech and occupational therapists, physiotherapists, educators and behaviour support consultants whose aim is to work in partnership with you and your family, and respond to your needs by providing support, information and resources. We provide a range of individually tailored supports within your family home, early childhood services including pre-school, childcare and playgroups and also within other local community facilities.
Call us today on 1800 343 287 to discuss what Early Childhood Intervention Services are available to you and your family under your NDIS funding package.
3) Behaviour Support
We provide a range of in-home positive behaviour support for families with children from 3 to 16 years, who live with a disability and engage in behaviours of concern. We will work with you to help increase your confidence and understanding of your child’s individual needs, disability and presenting behaviours of concern. Some of our behaviour supports can include working alongside you to:
- Understand the triggers for your child’s behaviour, function of the behaviour and why your child is doing what they do
- Develop and implement a positive behaviour support plan
- Improve your child's quality of life and independence, and increase their participation in family and community life
Call us today on 1800 343 287 to discuss what Behaviour Support is available to you and your family under your NDIS funding package.