About our service
Early Childhood Intervention is based on a belief in the importance of the early years for later development. It has been found that with young children with disabilities it is crucial to intervene as early as possible in the child’s life. At Norparrin, we provide a whole range of services that encompasses not just the child, but the family as a whole, as we recognise the important and vital role of the family and environment in the child’s life.
What we offer
- Parent/Child groups – families engage in a range of activities through play encouraging the development of communication and language, social/emotional and fine/gross motor skills for 2 hours per week
- Autism Spectrum Disorder groups – parent/child groups which targets more specifically the needs of children with autism and their families.
- Outreach – offered in the home, kindergarten or child care environment. May be offered to families as an alternative to a parent/child group.
- Helping Children with Autism (FAHCSIA)
- Better Start
- Time Out – Parents are able to come together, supported by a parent facilitator whilst their children play in a safe and stimulating environment. Parents can access information on services and supports that are available, from each other and the facilitator
- Focus on Feeling Good – a family support network for past and current families, and for families on Norparrin’s waiting list for services.
- Block Groups – social skills, fine motor, gross motor and parent/family groups.
How can I access these supports?
If you would like to avail of this service, please call our team on 03 9407 6400 or send us an enquiry by filling in the form below. We will talk to you/your family member and assess whether this is the right service for your needs.
Address: 152 Mill Park Drive, Mill Park VIC 3082
Norparrin Centre: 03 9407 6400 or email email@example.com.