About our service
The Western Region Accommodation Program (WRAP Enhanced) provides supported, short-term, crisis accommodation for young people aged from 16 to 24. It also offers specialist support, outreach services and short stay beds, as a flexible crisis response option for young people who only require a short term stay.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can support you if
- you are aged 16-24 years and single, or you are a sole parent with a child
- you require short term crisis accommodation, or short stay crisis accommodation.
How can this support assist me or my client?
WRAP Enhanced will:
- give you somewhere to stay when you need urgent accommodation, for a few days, or up to 6 weeks
- assist you to address any issues you have including trauma, substance abuse and complex mental health issues
- provide assistance with purchasing furniture and other household items.
We will support you to:
- work towards reconciliation with your family
- find ongoing accommodation after your stay at the refuge
The WRAP Enhanced refuge is staffed 24/7, and where after hours crisis responses are required, intake can take place without an Initial Assessment and Planning (IAP). The program also includes community development work, working with schools, youth centres, police, health services and community leaders to prevent and intervene earlier in youth homelessness cases.
Who has this support assisted?
Read Brian's story – a 'normal' 21 year old who was living in a shared house in Melbourne's North but soon found himself with no where to live. Find out how WRAP Enchanced supported Brain who is now back on his feet and living independently.
How can I or my client access this support?
To access WRAP Enhanced you need a referral or Initial Assessment and Planning (IAP) from one of the following access points:
- Melbourne Youth Support Service – 03 9614 3688
- Yarra Community Housing – 1800 825 955
- Salvation Army Social Housing Service (SASHS) – 03 9312 5424
- Or any other designated homelessness access point on Victoria.
If you or a family member needs to find out more about our service, please contact our Intake Team between 8am–8pm, 7 days a week on 03 9364 9844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.