- Part Time (approx. 48hrs per fortnight) - both Permanent & Fixed-Term available
- Fitzroy North location
- Salary packaging benefits available
About the role
You will provide psychosocial support, spiritual care and bereavement support to MCMPC clients and carers, working within an interdisciplinary team model.
- Assess client and carer concerns as they relate to impending death
- Provide therapeutic support to clients and carers for psychosocial, emotional and spiritual issues
- Provide support, advice, education and advocacy for clients and carers of diverse ages, cultures and backgrounds
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, theology/clinical pastoral education or counselling
- Considerable clinical experience in palliative care, community health or related field
- Experience working with people living with a life-limiting condition
A position description containing further information can be found below.
For enquiries about this role please contact Pam Harris on 9486 2666 or email@example.com
We offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, access to tax-effective salary packaging arrangements and supportive work/life balance provisions. MCM recognizes the importance of investing in the training, learning and development of our staff.
How to apply
Applications should include a current CV and Cover Letter and address the key selection criteria.
Applications to Pam Harris, Coordinator of Allied Care via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm Tuesday 12th December 2017.
Appointment to this position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check, an Employee Victorian Working with Children Check, current Driver’s License and an International Police Check (if applicable).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Our commitment to diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.