When you take a job with us your career continues to grow through the programs provided by our dedicated Staff Learning and Development Team. With access to ongoing training, secondment and leadership programs, our people can continue to build towards their own career goals.
Because we need to sustain best practice in everything we do, we are serious about keeping our team learning. All Melbourne City Mission staff are encouraged to make the most of the training and development opportunities on offer, including:
- ongoing training provided to keep up with legislative changes and industry requirements
- regular internal training sessions, open to all staff
- professional development outside the organisation.
Everyone who comes to work for us has their own career goals, and that ambition is something we try to nurture. We’re committed to developing our future leaders, and with such a diverse organisation at our fingertips we can connect people with other areas they may want to grow into. Our development programs are available to everyone in the team:
- internal leadership and management programs
- secondments with other program areas
- agreed career development plans
- opportunities for internal promotion and for short-term higher duties roles.
We know that part of the key to success is recognition. Our staff put their heart and soul into making a difference every day, so we’re delighted to reward standout work.
As well as our ongoing leadership awards program, which recognises individual staff and teams demonstrating excellence in their work, we have a unique leadership scholarship program. Designed to encourage the development of leadership within our team, the scholarships are used for study or activities that enhance the skills and experience of the recipients.