The Australian Government is introducing changes to childcare benefits from 2 July 2018
This will affect families who access Melbourne City Mission early learning services.
The new Child Care Subsidy will replace the current Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR).
Under the new Child Care Subsidy:
- Funds will be paid directly to the services you access
- There will be changes to the annual cap to make child care more affordable for most families
- The level of support available will be determined by a family’s income and activity level
The transition to the new subsidy does not happen automatically
Families who currently receive the CCB or CCR need to complete an online assessment and provide new details via MyGov to transition to the new subsidy.
What you need to do
To ensure you are ready for the transition to the new Child Care Subsidy, you need to:
- Login to your Centrelink account via the MyGov portal
- Complete the Child Care Subsidy assessment task
- Follow the steps to provide new information and confirm your details
For more information about the new Child Care and what it means for your family, visit the Child Care Package website.
If your family accesses a Melbourne City Mission early learning centre
Our staff are available to support you through this change.
If you need assistance, please speak to your Centre Coordinator.
We will have laptops available at each centre, and can support you to login to MyGov, complete your assessment and update your details.
Learn more about Melbourne City Mission’s Early Learning services.