About our service
Our Affirming Families program is a unique Positive Behaviour Support service, providing in-home support for children who live with a disability or autism and display behaviours of concern.
Affirming Families offers a family-centered approach to increase your confidence and understanding of:
- Your child’s individual needs
- The disability your child has
- The behaviours of concern they present.
We do this through a collaborative approach in partnership with you. The positive behaviour supports we implement are aimed at increasing your child’s ability to participate more fully in your family and your broader community.
Our shared goals will be:
- To reduce the behaviour
- Reduce the restrictions placed on your child because of the behaviour
- Increase your family’s participation in the strategies your child needs
- Improve quality of life for everyone in the family.
We offer you, your family and your child:
- A personalised program of Behaviour Support which can be used at home, at your child’s school and in the community
- Consulting psychologists and a team of trained behaviour consultants
- Support when you need it – at meal times, bed time, out in the community and on weekends.
This support is for you if:
- Your child is 3-16 years with autism or a disability, with associated behaviours of concern
- Your family is looking for behaviour support strategies
- Your family is open to having behaviour support consultants work with you in your home and/or community
- You have funds for behaviour support in your NDIS plan or from the Department of Health and Human Services.
This program is also for children who are part of the ‘Better Start’ and ‘Helping Children with Autism’ packages. This support can be for you if you have funds in your NDIS plan, or in your Department of Health and Human Services Individualised Support Plan.
How can I access this support?
In order to avail of our service you will first need to contact our Intake Team on 1800 343 287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Intake Team will discuss your needs and refer you accordingly to our service. Our Affirming Families service is available Monday to Friday till 7pm and weekend shifts are available by prior arrangements.
This support can be for you if you have funds in your NDIS plan, or in your Department of Health and Human Services Individualised Support Plan.