The National Disability Insurance Scheme – known as the NDIS – is coming to Western Melbourne and Brimbank Melton from 1 October 2018
The NDIS provides funding for people with disability to access support, achieve goals and live a positive life.
The Western Melbourne and Brimbank Melton NDIS regions cover the following local government areas in Melbourne’s western suburbs:
- The City of Wyndham – including Hoppers Crossing, Laverton, Point Cook, Tarneit and Werribee
- Moonee Valley City Council – including Airport West, Ascot Vale, Essendon, Moonee Ponds and Niddrie
- The City of Melbourne – including the CBD, East Melbourne, North Melbourne, Carlton, Docklands, Southbank, Kensington and Flemington
- Maribyrnong City Council – including Braybrook, Footscray and Maribyrnong
- Hobsons Bay City Council – including Williamstown, Newport and Altona
- Brimbank City Council – including Sunshine, St Albans, Braybrook, Keilor and Tullamarine
- Melton City Council – including Melton, Rockbank, Caroline Springs and Ravenhall
Melbourne City Mission is a registered and experienced NDIS provider.
We offer a range of services
that are flexible to personal needs, focused on your unique goals and are all about achieving outcomes.
Call our NDIS Customer Service team on 1800 343 287
Who is eligible for the NDIS?
Eligibility for the NDIS depends on your age, location, citizenship status and the impact of your disability.
The NDIS supports people living with disability, mental illness or developmental delay to access funding for the reasonable and necessary support they need in their day-to-day life and to achieve their goals.
The NDIS will be available to residents of Melbourne’s western suburbs from 1 October 2018.
To access the NDIS you must:
- live in an area where the NDIS is available
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a Protected Special Category Visa
- be aged under 65
- have a permanent or ongoing condition that means you need support to do everyday things for yourself, or you need some support now so you can do more things for yourself in the future.
For more information use the NDIS Access Checklist
How does the NDIS work?
The NDIS puts you in charge of your funding and gives you choice and control to purchase the support that best meets your goals and needs.
If you are eligible for the NDIS, you will work with the NDIS or an organisation they partner with to develop your plan.
Your NDIS plan will look at all areas of your life – where you live, what you like to do, your daily needs, and your short and long term goals.
From your plan, the NDIS will allocate funding for the reasonable and necessary supports you need to live a good life and go for your goals.
How can I get NDIS ready?
Free NDIS pre-planning workshops in Melton and Werribee
We are offering a limited number of one-on-one pre-planning meetings, as well as drop in advice, to support you to learn about and get ready for the NDIS.
Book your place for FREE NDIS planning support today.
Book in to the Melton workshop
Thursday 13 September
Melton Library and Learning Hub
31 McKenzie St, Melton VIC 3337
Book in to the Werribee workshop
Wednesday 19 September
Plaza Library, Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre,
Shop MM11, Level 1, Derrimut Road, Werribee
Being prepared for the NDIS is very important – you can start your journey today by downloading our free pre-planning workbook
By using our workbook, you can start to think about and write down your needs and your goals so you are ready for your planning meeting.
Our staff can also assist you to work through the booklet.
Contact us today
Our friendly, knowledgeable Customer Service team are here to listen to you, explore your ideas, answer your questions and connect you to the right people and supports.
We’re just a call away – so start your journey with us today.
Melbourne City Mission is a Registered NDIS Provider