Childcare and kindergarten in Doreen
Bassetts Road Early Learning Centre has been part of the Doreen community since 2015, supporting children and families to learn, grow and shine.
We provide long day care and kindergarten services to support the early years of your child’s learning journey.
- Long day care for children from six weeks through to six years, five days a week from 6.30am to 6.30pm
- A 4-year-old kindergarten program five days a week across extended hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm, with childcare available outside these hours all at the normal daily rate
Childcare and kindergarten places are currently available. Secure your child’s place now!
Connecting children and communities
Bassetts Road is a multi-purpose community hub designed to connect children and families to early learning, activities and specialised supports.
Our modern site features:
- Six age-based rooms, providing the opportunity for children to feel safe, build relationships with educators and experience learning environments designed for their age and developmental stage
- A range of natural, large and well-equipped playgrounds based on age groups to allow for close supervision and interaction with children at all times. Our safe and fun outdoor spaces feature versatile play equipment that can be adapted to the changing needs of your child, sensory experiences including large sandpits and soft fall areas, quiet areas for individual play, and shaded spaces to protect children while they learn. Children enjoy playing in our digging patch and are involved in developing and growing our veggie garden.
- 4-year-old kindergarten program five days a week, delivered by an experienced kindergarten teacher over extended hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm
- A large, commercial grade kitchen where healthy meals are prepared by our on-site cook for children each day
- A community meeting space for playgroup sessions and community hire
- Specialised support services, available by referral, to support local children and families including Cradle to Kinder for young mothers, early childhood intervention support and legal assistance.
Quality education and care
Through our programs and the way we work alongside families, we aim to foster and promote diversity, inclusion and respect in our community.
Bassetts Road meets all of the National Quality Standards (NQS) set by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority. The NQS are the high, national standards for quality early learning and care services in Australia.
Our team achieved a rating of Exceeding for NQS Quality Area Six for our collaborative partnerships with families and communities, which is reflective of our passion for and commitment to the children and families we work alongside.
Learning through play
Our play-based educational program provides opportunities for children to develop their literacy, numeracy, social, and emotional skills.
Based on the National Early Years Learning Framework, our educational program is evidence-based and tailored to each child’s interests and developmental goals.
We also support children’s physical health and wellbeing by providing five nutritious meals prepared on-site daily, and by encouraging active learning in our expansive outdoor areas.
Specialised support for families
As part of Melbourne City Mission, Bassetts Road takes a community-wide approach to supporting local children and families.
We offer a range of complementary programs from Bassetts Road including supported and community playgroups and connections to specialist services.
Government fee assistance
You may be eligible to access support from the Federal Government through the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR). Your eligibility for these subsidies is based on your income and determined by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Learn more about access and eligibility for the CCB or CCR on the My Child website.
We're located at: 11 Aspect Drive, Doreen, Victoria
(Corner of Bassetts Road and Bridge Inn Road)
If you're interested in enroling your child at Bassetts Road Early Learning Centre, please follow the instructions below.
Start your child’s lifetime of learning at Bassets Road – book your tour today
Enquiries: 03 8775 1200 or MCMBassettsroad@mcm.org.au
No Jab No Play
In January 2016, the Victorian State Government introduced legislation that requires all children to be fully vaccinated to be enrolled in a childcare or kindergarten service.
To enrol your child in an early childhood education and care service you must provide evidence of immunisation.
As part of the Victorian Government ‘No Jab, No Play’ legislation, we require evidence that your child is:
- fully immunised for their age, or
- ·on a recognised vaccination catch-up program, or
- unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.
Conscientious objection is not an exemption to the legislation. We require an immunisation status certificate to enrol your child in our services. An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) is required as immunisation evidence.
You can obtain an ACIR Immunisation History Statement:
- ·online through your MyGov Medicare
- by visiting your local Medicare or Centrelink service centre
- by calling the ACIR on 1800 653 809
For further information please visit No Jab No Play on the Better Health website or download the Immunisation Toolkit here (PDF).
To enrol your child
Please complete the enrolment and direct debit request form and send them by email to MCMBassettsroad@mcm.org.au
Details of our fees and charges are also available below.
Enquiries: 03 8775 1200 or MCMBassettsroad@mcm.org.au
*Providing day care and funded kinder to the surrounding areas of Doreen, Whittlesea, Mernda, Nutfield, Yarrambat, Yan Yean, Wollert, South Morang and more.