About our service
Springboard is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to improving life outcomes for young people currently in or leaving residential and Lead Tenant out-of-home care by providing access, opportunities and support to Education, Training and/or Employment pathways. It is a case management program, delivered in partnership with Mission Australia and Salvation Army Crossroads. As well as a service provider of the Springboard program, Melbourne City Mission plays an important coordination role for Springboard case managers across the Northern metro region.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can support you if:
- The young person is aged between 16–21 years
- Is currently or has been under a custody or guardianship order at 16–18 years
- Is currently or has been in residential care and/or a lead tenant
- Is disengaged from education, training and employment.
Springboard is a specialist service to assist young people transitioning from care. We provide one-to-one case management support and we work intensively with young people to support them to gain and secure appropriate long-term education and employment opportunities.
How can this support assist me or my client?
- assist young people aged 16–21 years of age transitioning from, or who have left residential care, to gain secure, long-term employment by re-engaging with appropriate education, training or supported employment opportunities.
What geographical areas do we cover?
We can support young people in the following local government areas:
- City of Yarra
- City of Darebin
- City of Banyule
- City of Nillumbik
- City of Whittlesea
- City of Hume
- City of Moreland
How can I or my client access this support?
In order to avail of this service, the young person must be referred to this service. Please call our Intake Worker on 03 8486 2159 to discuss eligibility. Referrals can come from any of the following services:
- Leaving Care providers
- Child Protection workers
- Young people themselves
- Family members or friends
- Education and training providers
- Community organisations.
A referral form will need to be completed (please see below) and sent to our Intake Worker. Once received, our intake worker will make contact with the referring agency/person to discuss the referral and make an appointment to meet the young person.
For all enquiries and referrals please call us on 0436 403 377 or fill in the enquiry form below.
: P.O Box 1315, North Fitzroy, VIC 3068
We are available Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm.