About our service
Melbourne Gateway Reconnect is a statewide early intervention program that aims to prevent youth homelessness. We aim to improve the level of communication, engagement and connectedness of young people who are homeless or at risk of leaving home with family, education/training, work or the broader community. We particularly assist young people to connect back to their communities. We are based at Frontyard Youth Services.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can support those
- Aged between 12 to 18 years of age (or up to 21 years if from a CALD background and arrived in Australia in the last 5 years)
- Housing situation: Homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Who are connected to the CBD of Melbourne in some form (family, school, training etc).
How can this support assist me or my client?
- provide support for young people to remain connected to family, school, training and their community
- provide case management support
- provide assistance and advocacy support, which may include issues arising from: family conflict, family mediation, education, income support, accommodation, employment and conflict resolution.
- help with referrals for young people to other services such as health care providers, Department of Human Services Centrelink, legal and other community-based services within their local communities and alternative options / services for young people within their local communities.
What geographical areas do we cover?
We are a state-wide service and will help young people connect back to services in their community if they do not have strong links to the CBD.
How can I or my client access this support?
Referrals to this service can be accepted from young people, family members, community agencies; other Reconnect services, schools, police, Centrelink, Child First services and Child Protection services.
- Contact a Reconnect Worker on (03) 9977 0077 between 9am– 5pm, Monday–Friday to discuss the referral first.
- A referral form is required to be filled out and a response will be provided within 48 hours.
| Contact us
||We are based at Frontyard Youth Services, 244 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000
||(03) 9977 0077 (Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm)
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.