About our service
Our Young and Pregnant Parenting service provides case management, secondary consultation, and a drop off service for young parents (16 to 25 years of age) and their children who are at risk of or are experiencing homelessness.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can provide support to young people:
- aged between 16 to 25 years of age who are pregnant or parents
- who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, have recently been homeless or who are experiencing disadvantage
- who live or have connection to the north and west areas of Melbourne.
How can this support assist me or my client?
1) Case management
Our Outreach case management worker provides support to young people to
- obtain housing
- access baby goods
- gain parenting information including childhood development
- access required registrations such as birth registration and Centrelink family payment link to specialist services and community supports.
2) Drop in service
Young women who are pregnant or who are young parents can drop in at Frontyard Youth Services (19 King Street). The drop-in service (dependent on worker availability) can provide information, support and links to other parenting supports.
What geographical areas do we cover?
We provide case management support in the north and west of Melbourne. The drop in service is open to young people who have links to the CBD.
How can I or my client access this support?
To find out how you can access this service, please contact us on the below details.
Address: 19 King Street, Melbourne 3000
Enquiries: (03) 9977 0077 for case management support or drop in service
We are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please call us to discuss your options.
If you need urgent assistance and require someone to talk to immediately, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.