Get life going in the direction you choose
Experiencing an acquired brain injury (ABI) can send your life in a whole new direction. It can be sudden, it can happen to anyone and it can impact your life and those around you in many different ways.
Compass, a group run by and for people with an ABI, is here to support you on life’s pathway.
By becoming a member of Compass, you can:
- learn and relearn skills you might have lost due to your injury
- rebuild your confidence
- choose your road for the future
What’s available at Compass?
At Compass you can learn from other people who have experienced an ABI about rebuilding skills, readjusting to life and reconnecting friendships and relationships.
Connecting with other people who know what it’s like to live with an ABI means you can learn from and support each other.
At Compass, with the support of staff and other members, you can:
- gain practical skills in managing day-to-day life
- prepare for returning to work
- build new skills in hospitality, business and gardening
- develop resources to assist other people living with an ABI
- support Compass operations by making newsletters, maintaining the member database and creating publications
Who can be a Compass member?
Compass is based in Melbourne’s inner northern suburbs.
You can become a Compass member if:
- you are an adult with an ABI
- you would like to meet and support other people with an ABI
- you can take part in activities at least once a week
- you can travel to and from Compass by public transport or taxi
Learn from Warren’s experiences of life before and after his ABI, and how Compass supported him, in his own words.
"Compass has helped me to accept what has happened to me and to realise that I still have a lot to offer society at large. It has given me the incentive to learn new skills and to come to terms with the changes in my mind/brain."
Read Warren’s story
How can I access this support?
Contact us to find out more about this service and if it’s right for you.
||230 Normanby Avenue, Thornbury, Victoria 3065
||1800 343 287
|Days of operation
||We are open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9.30am to 4pm.
Melbourne City Mission is a Registered NDIS Provider
Learn more about our range of services for people living with an ABI.