About our service
Creating Connections Education, Employment and Training provides training sessions that assist young people to get involved with education and employment opportunities, with the aim of strengthening their independence.
The program also offers advice and consultation to other homelessness services supporting young people with similar goals.
Is this support for me?
We can support you if
- you are aged 16-25 years
- you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless
- you are currently supported in the homelessness system in the north or west of Melbourne
How can this support assist me?
The Creating Connections Education, Employment and Training program will:
- provide training sessions to young people to equip them with the skills to engage in education and employment opportunities
- provide resources and forums on education, employment and training opportunities for young people, to assist other homeless providers in the region
- offer advice and secondary consultation to assist support workers to access education, employment and training opportunities for young people they are working with.
We will support you to:
- develop the skills you need to participate in education and employment opportunities
- use the resources available to find opportunities
- strengthen your independence through education and employment
This program operates in parallel with the other Creating Connections programs, to offer integrated service responses to young people. The programs aim to create stability in the lives of young people by reinforcing relationships with family, community and significant others. We also provide a range of opportunities to develop new skills for sustainable, independent living.
Who has this support assisted?
Read Jane's story, one of the young people we supported through our Creating Connections and Wheels program. Jane came to us after experiencing domestic violence and an unstable housing situation. Through various supports provided, Jane was able to get her life back on track.
How can I access this support?
To access Creating Connections Education, Employment and Training:
- North and West Homelessness Access Points can make a referral, following an Initial Assessment and Planning appointment, or
- your homelessness support worker can make a direct referral
- your support worker will need to complete an initial referral form
- after the referral is submitted, the Education, Employment and Training Worker will contact you to make a time for a further assessment.
If you need to find out more about our service, please contact us (9am to 5pm):
- Phone: 03 9611 2411 and 03 9611 2416
- Fax: 03 9614 3622
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.