About our service
Creating Connections Living Skills provides living skills training to young people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in Melbourne’s north and west. The training is provided to individuals and groups of young people who require additional support to prepare for independent living.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can support you if:
- you are aged 16–25 years
- you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless
- you are currently supported in the homelessness system in Melbourne’s north or west.
How can this support assist me or my client?
The Creating Connections Living Skills program will:
- provide you with living skills training modules tailored to your individual needs
- help you develop skills in cooking, budgeting, home maintenance, hygiene, healthy relationships and communication skills
- provide homelessness support workers with advice about approaches to living skills development with young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We will support you to:
- develop the skills you need to live independently
- work towards a stable, sustainable living situation.
How can I or my client access this support?
To access Creating Connections Living Skills, your support worker can complete an initial referral form or contact 03 9611 2411 and 03 9611 2416.
Once a referral has been made, the Living Skills Worker will contact you to make a time for a further assessment to inform a living skills plan.
Sign up to receive our online newsletter
Creating Connections Living Skills will be sending out regular news updates to keep the sector informed about updates and training opportunities. If you would like to join the Creating Connections Living Skills mailing list, please click here.
If you need to find out more about our service, please contact us between 9am– 5pm, Monday to Friday on 03 9611 2411 and 03 9611 2416. Alternatively, you can fax us on 03 9614 3622.