About our service
Creating Connections Youth Focused Housing Placement Workers provide short term, outreach based, case managed support to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to assist to help them find appropriate housing.
They can also connect young people with mental health services, drug and alcohol services, family violence services, income support and employment, education and training services.
The program also offers advice and consultation to other providers and workers helping young people who are not participating in Creating Connections.
Is this support for me?
We can support you if
- you are aged 16–25 years
- you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless
- you have presented at a Homelessness Access Point
- you are from the northern or western areas of Melbourne or wish to be supported in Melbourne’s north or west
- if you are a worker helping a young person who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
How can this support assist me?
The Creating Connections Youth Focussed Housing Placement Workers will:
- provide you with short term, outreach-based case management support to help you find short, medium or long term accommodation
- connect you with services that will help you with mental health, drug and alcohol, and family violence issues, income support and employment, education and training services
- provide targeted financial assistance to support you and help you find housing
- provide workers supporting young people with advice and consultation on how to find the right homelessness support programs
We will support you to:
- to find crisis accommodation for your short term needs
- find a long term, stable housing solution
- address issues that may be contributing to your housing crisis.
This program operates in parallel with the other Creating Connections programs, to offer integrated service responses to young people. The programs aim to create stability in the lives of young people by reinforcing relationships with family, community and significant others. We also provide a range of opportunities to develop new skills for sustainable, independent living.
How can I access this support?
To access Creating Connections Youth Focused Housing Placement Workers, you can:
- go to any homelessness access point in Victoria and ask for assistance in referring you to our service
- meet with a worker directly at:
- VincentCare Glenroy Hub Thursdays between 11am–4pm, or call – 03 9304 0100
- Yarra Community Housing on Fridays between 9.30am–4pm, or call – 03 9689 2777
If you need to find out more about our service, please contact us on 03 9312 5300 or fill in an enquiry form below.
We offer outreach and drop-in services on Thursdays and Fridays in two separate locations – see details in ‘How can I access this service?
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.