Every child is unique – and every child’s pathway to a positive future is different
Discovering your child has a disability or developmental delay can be an overwhelming experience. Our Early Intervention specialists are here for your child and family every step of the way.
We are experienced in providing specialised support and advice to families of children with disability or developmental delay.
What’s available through Early Childhood Intervention Services?
Our specialist team can work with you to put the building blocks in place for your child’s lifelong learning and development.
When you start working with us, you’ll be connected with a Key Worker who is the main contact for your family. Your Key Worker will spend time getting to know your child and family.
Your Key Worker will support you to:
- connect to therapy, support services, resources and information
- design a tailored plan based on your child’s developmental goals
- develop strategies to enhance your child’s learning
- assist your child in familiar and new environments, such as home, childcare or kindergarten, and your local community
- get ready for transition to kindergarten or school
We’re here for you, too
While supporting your child, we’re also here for you and your whole family. We can work alongside you to grow your skills, knowledge and confidence so you can support your child’s development, everyday activities and family routines.
We can assist you to access:
- parent support groups, where you can meet other families and learn new skills
- facilitated playgroups focused on developmental milestones
- parent education and training sessions.
Who can access Early Childhood Intervention Services?
We work in the heart of local communities across Melbourne and Victoria and we’re growing our reach every day. Contact our Customer Service Team to find out more about what’s available in your local area.
How can I access this support?
Contact us to find out more about our early childhood services and how we can support your child and family.
Melbourne City Mission is a Registered NDIS Provider.
||1800 343 287
|Department of Education &
Early Childhood Development
|03 8393 4512