Visit www.frmp.org.au for all information relating to the Family Reconciliation mediation program (FRMP)
About our service
Family Reconciliation Mediation Program (FRMP) is a Statewide community-development and brokerage service that works closely with the homelessness service sector. It aims to assist young people who are experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness to improve their relationship with family and significant others through the allocation of brokerage to assist them to access:
- family mediation
- respite accommodation
- family conferencing
- individual counselling
- group and family therapies.
How can this support assist me or my client?
FRMP brokerage is allocated to assist young people to:
- remain or return home if safe and appropriate
- remain connected to family or community in some capacity
- resolve within themselves issues relating to family conflict and breakdown
2) Capacity Building
Our Capacity Building Workers provide information, training and secondary consultation to homelessness networks, youth networks, local government and community programs to improve sector responses and service delivery, and advocate to raise awareness of the issues facing young people experiencing homelessness in relation to family and community connection.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can provide support if:
- you are or you are supporting a young person who is aged 16–25 years and are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and are already linked with a case managed support
- you are a homeless support worker and are seeking brokerage to support a young person (newly or longer term homeless) aged 16–25yrs who have identified through their case plan that they are wanting to access family mediation/ reconciliation type services
- you are a homeless support worker providing a service to 16–25 year olds and want to access professional development opportunities.
What geographical areas do we cover?
We are a state-wide service.
How can I or my client access this support?
In order to access our brokerage service, you must refer to our guidelines and complete the appropriate application form as listed on www.frmp.org.au.
Brokerage can be made for therapeutic interventions such as individual counselling, family therapy, family mediation, respite and group work.
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.