About our service
Vicky’s Place is a young women’s refuge that provides supported crisis accommodation for young women aged 16 to 24, and their children, who are homeless. Our refuge provides seven beds plus a medium-term bungalow (Kids Undercover) so we can provide gender specific space for young women and their accompanying children. Young women can stay at Vicky’s Place for up to six weeks, in which time they are supported to find more suitable, stable long-term accommodation.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can support you if:
- you’re a young woman aged between 16–24, with or without children
- you are experiencing a housing crisis
- you currently live in North/West Metropolitan Melbourne
How can this support assist me or my client?
At Vicky’s Place we can:
- provide you with a safe place to stay for up to six weeks
- support you to find stable, long-term accommodation
- welcome you and your children, if you have them
- provide you with a range of supports, typically focusing on your future housing needs, family mediation/reconciliation; employment, education, training and legal; mental health and general health issues.
How can I or my client access this support?
In order to access this service, you must be referred to us by an access point. The following access points should be contacted if you or your client is in need of our service.
- Melbourne Youth Support Service – City
- Yarra Community Housing – Footscray
- Homeground Services – Collingwood
- North East Housing – Preston
- St Vincent de Paul: Vincent Care – Glenroy
- Salvation Army Social Housing Service – Sunshine
Phone: 03 8486 2135
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or DHHS on 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.