About our service
Western Reconnect is an early intervention service that aims to help young people who are homeless or at risk of leaving home. We are based in Braybrook and serve the local government areas of Maribyrnong, Brimbank and Moonee Valley. The aim of the service is to strengthen relationships between the young person and their family and to reconnect them with their community.
Is this support for me or my client?
We can provide support to:
- young people aged between12 and 18 years of age
- those who are at risk of homelessness or those who are newly homeless
- young people and families seeking assistance to improve their relationships
- those who are living, attending school or have a connection to the local government areas of Maribyrnong, Brimbank and Moonee Valley
How can this support assist me or my client?
- provide support for young people to remain connected to family, school, training and their community
- provide assistance and advocacy support, which may include issues arising from family conflict, family mediation, education, income support, accommodation, employment and conflict resolution
- help the young person to develop a realistic understanding of the issues they may face if they leave home
- help with referrals for young people to other services such as health care providers, Department of Human Services Centrelink, legal and other community-based services within their local communities and alternative options / services for young people within their local communities.
- provide case management
What geographical areas do we cover?
We provide support in the local government areas of Maribyrnong, Brimbank and Moonee Valley.
How can I or my client access this support?
Referrals to this service can be accepted from young people, family members, community agencies; other Reconnect services, schools, police, Centrelink, child first services and child protection services.
- Contact Early Intervention Services Duty Line on 8311 5458, 9am – 1pm, Monday–Friday to discuss the referral first.
- A referral form is required to be filled out and a response will be provided within 48 hours. Call 03 8311 5458 Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm.
Address: 3/6-12 South Road, Braybrook
Referrals: 03 8311 5458
We are available Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm.
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.