About our service
The Young Women’s Crisis Outreach Service provides intensive crisis support for young women aged 16 to 24 and their children.
Is this support for me or for my client?
We can support you if:
- you are a young woman aged 16 to 24, with or without children
- you are experiencing a housing crisis
- your living situation is breaking down
- you currently live in the North/West region of metropolitan Melbourne.
How can this support assist me or my client?
- If you need to leave where you are living, we can discuss with you alternative accommodation options that are available in the community.
- We can link you to other support services you may require within your community.
- We are an outreach service which means we can come to you.
- If you don’t have anywhere to go or don’t feel safe in the place you’re in, we can work with you to find somewhere new.
How can I or my client access this support?
In order to access this service, you must be referred to us by an access point. The following access points should be contacted if you or your client is in need of our service.
- Melbourne Youth Support Service – City
- Yarra Community Housing – Footscray
- Homeground Services – Collingwood
- North East Housing – Preston
- St Vincent de Paul: Vincent Care – Glenroy
- Salvation Army Social Housing Service – Sunshine
Address: PO Box 1315, Fitzroy North, VIC 3068
Phone: 03 8486 2135 (Monday to Friday 9am–5pm for information and referral advice only)
Victorian statewide number: Freecall 1800 825 955 (24 hours)
If you need urgent assistance and require someone to talk to immediately, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support.