About our service
Family Crisis Accommodation Service (FCAS) provides case management and outreach support to families who are at imminent risk of homelessness or are homeless in the local government areas of Brimbank and Melton.
FCAS has six crisis properties that families can stay in for between 6 and 12 weeks, on the condition that the family engages and explores options for alternative medium to long term accommodation.
Is this support for me or my client?
The service is available to people who are:
- a family – a couple with or without children, single parent families, women who are pregnant and with or without other children, sibling groups and multi-generational families
- live in, would like to live in or have significant links in the Brimbank or Melton local government area, such as family, schools, GP, etc
- experiencing housing difficulties and at risk of becoming homeless.
How can this support assist me or my client?
We can support families with the following:
- Interim Response – short-term (up to 6 weeks) assistance, with information and support about homelessness issues, advice, information and advocacy including internet private rental searches and referrals for specialist support. Assistance can be provided with completing Office of Housing Bond Loan and where appropriate public housing applications.
- Case Management – this service provides an intensive short-term case management service to families in crisis. The program has access to 6 properties, and provides a fixed term lease for up to 12 weeks.
How can I or my client access this support?
In order to access this service, you must have a referral from either of the following access points:
|Salvation Army Social Housing Service
||Melton Shire Offices
|SASHS IA&P Worker
6/147 Harvester Road, Sunshine, 3020
Phone: 03 9312 5424
|SASHS IA&P Worker
232 High St, Melton, 3337
Phone: 03 9747 7200
Address: 6/147 Harvester Road, Sunshine, Vic 3020
Days of operation: Monday to Friday, opening hours: 9am to 5pm.
For any queries, please fill in the enquiry form below.
If you need urgent assistance and require someone to talk to immediately, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or St Kilda Crisis Centre on 1800 627 272.