Melbourne City Mission provides Palliative Care services in the cities of Hume, Moreland, Darebin and Yarra.
Do you have a terminal condition, advanced disease or life-limiting illness? Does it have challenging symptoms for you – physically, emotionally or spiritually?
If so, our goal is your goal. Quality of life, with dignity.
We will walk with you and support you, with expert symptom management and respect for all your concerns: physical, spiritual, social and cultural.
Our trained and experienced staff will visit you in your home or residential facility. We are excellent planners day-to-day, but flexible and ready for the unexpected.
The people we work with come from all genders, cultural backgrounds, sexual identities and spiritual beliefs.
You are in charge of your care
We work for you, in partnership with your carers, hospitals, GP, specialists and service providers.
Some of the support and resources we provide
These are just some of our supports and resources:
- Expert symptom and pain management
- Education for you and your carer/s on managing your illness and your ongoing care
- Support as you make decisions and personal adjustments that may accompany serious illness
- Co-ordinating your care, with planning and resources
- Practical issues such as accessing benefits from Department of Human Services Centrelink
- Advance care planning and living wills
- Listening and companionship
- Professional support with emotional and spiritual concerns
- Time out for your carers
- Links to hospitals, palliative care inpatient units and community support agencies
- Consultancy services to other health professionals
- Bereavement support and information about grief
- Funeral planning.
We often work in partnership with other specialist services, such as the Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Consultancy and Royal District Nursing Service.
Our staff will make an introductory visit to you and your carer, to assess how we can support you.
You may move in and out of our service as your circumstances change.
We also support other services, such as residential care facilities, in taking a palliative approach to enhance your quality of life.
The team works seven days per week, but with limited services on weekends and public holidays.
Our service is free of charge but donations are gratefully accepted.
Who can benefit from our services?
We cater for people of all ages living with a terminal condition, advanced disease or life limiting illness in the cities of Hume, Moreland, Darebin and Yarra. We also support other services, such as residential care facilities, in taking a palliative approach to enhance your quality of life.
What does it cost?
Our service is free of charge but donations are gratefully accepted. Make a donation today.
How can someone avail of our service?
Please contact us on the below details to discuss your needs with our Referral Co-ordinator.
Further resources and information
We provide palliative care services seven days per week with limited services on weekends and public holidays.
||Office opening hours
|| Service operating areas
|472 Nicholson St
North Fitzroy, Vic 3068
|03 9486 2666
03 9482 5094
|Monday – Friday
|Darebin, Moreland, Hume and Yarra