About our service
Creating Connections Education Employment Pathways (CEEP) provides young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Melbourne’s north, west and inner south, with brokerage funding that will assist them to access or sustain education, employment and training.
Funds have been provided by the Department of Human Services to assist young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to purchase computers, school fees, books, MYKI travel, uniforms and other education, employment and training related expenses. Funding packages of up to $1,200 are available to assist approximately 100 young people each year.
Is this support for me?
We can support you if
- you are aged 16-25 years
- you are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless
- receiving homelessness support in the North, West or inner South areas of Melbourne
- one of your goals is to access employment, education and training opportunities.
How can this support assist me?
The Creating Connections Education Employment Pathways program will:
- assist you to access packages of up to $1,200 in brokerage funds per financial year to support you to access the education, employment of training opportunities.
We will support you to:
- use the funding you receive to access and sustain education, employment and training opportunities.
How can I access this support?
To access Creating Connections Education Employment Pathways:
- your worker needs to complete an application form (attached above or available from our CEEP Worker)
- Applications can be lodged at any time for the North West region only, the inner South will advertise four rounds per year to the sector.
Due to the limited funding that is allocated to CEEP, agencies that have been approved for allocation of brokerage, are now required to submit receipts within a MONTH of approval (unless a prior arrangement has been made). Failure to do so will result in agencies not being reimbursed for any funds spent on behalf of young people. This will enable Melbourne City Mission to accurately monitor how much CEEP is available for allocation.
If you need to find out more about our service, please contact us:
- Phone: 03 9611 2416
- Address: 244 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000