About our service
Finding Solutions is an adolescent mediation service which aims to divert young people away from the child protection and statutory systems. We provide the young person and/or family with timely and intensive support to contain the family conflict issues being experienced and to reduce the likelihood of placement in out of home care.
Is this support for me or my client?
We work with young people:
- young people of secondary school age
- housing situation: at risk of entering the Child Protection and/or out of home care system
- who live in the north or west of Melbourne.
How can this support assist me or my client?
The aim of our service is to strengthen relationships between a young person and their family. We do this by providing a creative response to conflict between a young person and their family through casework that offers:
- active outreach to young people, their household and family
- assessment of the needs of young people and their family
- a realistic understanding of the issues young people and their family may face
- the implementation of a support plan to assist young people and/or families to strengthen family and community relationships
- intervention that may include mediation, counseling, outreach and recreation activities
- access to other local support providers in the areas of: family support, financial support, accommodation, health care, counseling, recreation, education and training
What geographical areas do we cover?
We provide support in the DHHS North and West Metropolitan Melbourne regions.
How can someone avail of this support?
In order to access this support, all referrals can only be received by the DHHS Child Protection Intake team or Child First by calling the Early Intervention Duty line on 03 8311 5458, 9am-1pm, Monday–Friday.
| Contact us || |
|Address ||3/6–12 South Road, Braybrook, Vic 3011 |
|Referral enquiries ||03 8311 5458 (Monday to Friday 9am – 1pm) |
If you are in crisis and need an immediate response, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 who provide 24-hour crisis support or 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.