To create a fair and just community where people have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We help people and communities to develop their own pathways away from disadvantage.
- We affirm Melbourne City Mission's ecumenical Christian heritage and acceptance of people of other faiths and no faith.
- The Christian principles of inclusiveness, love, hope, service, and social justice are fundamental to our practice.
- Everyone in the community has a right to have their voice heard.
- Everyone has the right to have the resources necessary for participation in community and social life.
- Society is accountable for the well-being of our communities and for community decisions.
- Collaboration and co-operation within a community leads to stronger responses and better outcomes.
- Lives can be changed and people are able to participate in society for their own and the common good.
- Stewardship of our resources is essential to the creation of a sustainable and viable future.
- We value what we learn from the communities and people we work with.
Our work seeks one overall outcome: to work alongside Victorians who are experiencing disadvantaged so they can build a better future for themselves.
To realise our vision, we have set ourselves a series of goals which are outlined in our 2015 – 2018 Strategic Plan
Our main goals are as follows:
- We will embark on a growth strategy across Victoria focused on supporting those experiencing, or at imminent risk of, the most severe disadvantage.
- We will offer integrated service delivery focused on our core purpose.
- Our approach to service development will be based on evidence of what works well.
- We will be an informed advocate for positive social change for individuals and groups experiencing disadvantage.
- We will be well known and respected within the community for our work.