Why fundraise for us?
There are people and families in Melbourne and wider Victoria, living in disadvantage, right now. This means they are living in poverty, without a place to call home, with serious illness, a disability or without basic education or an income. We want to fix this. We want to make the lives of these people better. We want them to live the life they want. Check out where your money will go.
How to fundraise
Fundraise for us and change the lives of those living in disadvantage in Victoria. You can do pretty much anything to raise money for Melbourne City Mission – hold a PJ day, run a race, hold a bake sale, give up your bed for a night or do something quirky!
How it works
Step 1 – Choose how you would like to raise money
Here are some ideas for how you might like to fundraise.
- Do a fun run or run a marathon
- Pledge your birthday – ask people to make a donation instead of giving you a gift
- Dye your hair – highest bidder decides the colour!
- Take part in a PJ Day where you wear your pjs to work, school or uni
- Sleep out overnight with a group of friends or family and experience what it might be like to be homeless for a night
- Hold a morning or afternoon tea
- Put together an Art Exhibition
- Run a benefit gig or performance
- Host a karaoke night and charge a fee at the door
- Hold a fashion show or ladies night
- Cook up a storm with a sausage sizzle
- Host a movie night – highest bidder gets to decide the movies you watch
- Run a team building challenge at work
- Challenge your friends to a trivia night
- Hold a gala dinner or ball
Note: If you are running an event to which you are inviting people along, you need to register it with us first and get a reference number. To do this call us on 1300 364 507.
If you’d like to download our Deductible Gift Recipient status letter from the ATO, click here.
Step 2 – Start fundraising
The easiest way to fundraise for us is to set up your online fundraising page on sites like GoFundraise or Everyday Hero. Once your fundraising page is set up, email the link to your contacts and ask them to make a donation. You can also share the link to your fundraising page on your social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to include some information on what you are doing and why people should support you and Melbourne City Mission.
If you receive a cash donation as part of your fundraising campaign, please keep the cash safe and deposit it into our bank account as soon as possible, within seven days is best. There are a few ways of doing this:
- Use your credit card to make a donation of the cash amount via our website.
- Deposit the amount to our bank account. Contact us for our account details.
When depositing money to our bank account, please ensure you provide your event reference number. You would have been given a reference number when you registered your event with us. If you did not register your event with us, because you were taking part in an organised event, or other reason, please use your credit card to make an online donation of the cash amount. When you let us know that you’ve made a deposit, we’ll post you a receipt.
Get in touch about fundraising
Please get in touch if you have any queries about fundraising for us. We are happy to help you every step of the way. Call us on 1300 364 507 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org